We’ll defeat Boko Haram without using mercenaries – DHQ

The defence headquarters (DHQ) says the military does not need mercenaries to fight Boko Haram.

Rabe Abubakar, DHQ spokesman, said this in a statement on Thursday.

He faulted the report that the military was mulling using mercenaries in the war against insurgency.

“The DHQ wishes to state, with emphasis, that the Nigerian armed forces has the capacity and capability to clear the remnants of the terrorists from our land and that is what the military has been doing,” he said.

Abubakar said it was unnecessary to hire mercenaries now because Boko Haram had been defeated.

“It is not necessary or logical to go for mercenaries after the battle of Boko Haram insurgent had been won.  The pocket of attacks witnessed in the last few days by the fleeing Boko Haram terrorist are isolated cases, though regrettable, that do not call for serious concern as it is not uncommon worldwide for such occurrence in any area that was once infested by terrorist groups,” he said.

SEE ALSO:  Libyan Government Deports 140 Nigerians

“Those peddling rumours on the use of mercenaries are mischievous. The unprecedented successes recorded against the deadly Boko Haram sect by the Nigerian military without seeking external force is there for all to see.  The DHQ therefore urge our patriotic citizens to ignore the senseless talk and dismiss the story in its entirety as it was concocted to serve inglorious selfish interest.”

Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram@Nigeriamotion  Subscribe to our BBM Channel C0025A815
SEE ALSO:  BOKO HARAM: Shekau Claims Responsibility For UNIMAID Attack (See His Reason)